Spring Newsletter 2019 (Little Acorns)
Another half term has flown by and we would like to say a huge “welcome” to all our lovely new families who have joined us since Christmas. Everybody has settled in brilliantly and are having so much fun with their new friends.
We had a great week celebrating Chinese New Year! We tried fortune cookies and prawn crackers, played with noodles and rice and did some beautiful paintings with chop sticks too.
Please don’t forget that this Friday 15th February is an INSET day, Little Acorns will not be open on this day. Week commencing 18th February is half term and we will be back to normal on Monday 25th February.
Dates for your diary:
• Development Review Meetings w/c 4th and 11th March
• 7th March: World Book Day- Fancy Dress and bring your favourite story to share
• 15th March: Red Nose Day- wear something red and bring in some money
• 20th March: Teddy Bear’s Picnic 3:30pm-4:30pm- This will be an event for parents to attend too. More information to follow nearer the time.
• 5th April- Last day of term
• 23rd April- First day of Summer Term
This week and the first week back after half term we will be asking you to book in 10-minute meetings to discuss your child’s progress and development with their key person. These are a great way to keep up to date with what’s happening at nursery and a quiet time to discuss any questions you may have in more detail.
We all had a lovely meal at Pizza Express with the voucher we were so kindly given at Christmas, once again a big thank you!
Don’t forget to continue to renew your 30-hour funding code every 3 months. If you need any help or support with this, don’t hesitate to let me know.
We’d love you to like, follow and recommend us on Facebook! Our page is:
Have a lovely half term!
Emily, Jo and the Little Acorns Team